Broccoli Flatbread is high in protein and is nutrition dense. This flatbread is made with broccoli as the main ingredient. Easy to make bread as this is a no knead recipe using only four easily available ingredients. This is a healthy bread for your sandwiches!
I have been trying to eat a protein rich diet which is low in carbohydrates for some time now. As you know its easier said than done. One can say with so many options available in the market it is easy to follow any diet one wants to pursue. But the issue specifically with me is cravings. Ah! You got it, I have tried to go on the gluten-free diet in the past and have been successful for few weeks tops.
During one of these diet weeks, I realized I miss eating my breakfast toast the most. I have switched to eating low GI Ezekiel bread. And this was during one of these days I came across this recipe of Vegetable Flatbreads. The recipe was simple, bread was made with ingredients which everyone has access to and is right in your pantry.
I was so sure that I have to make this recipe. So here we are I tried making the bread twice before sharing it on my blog. As I wanted to test the taste and freshness of the bread. Taste wise, I liked it and its hubby and kiddo approved at my house. My daughter loved it as it was green in color. And if you peek around my blog you will notice my addicted to green foods. So surely this recipe will catch my eye. As wise men say like attracts like.
For my initial trial, I baked this bread on Sunday evening and just when the bread had cooled down. I excitedly sliced it and applied butter and served. Taste and texture had me convinced it’s doable. We snacked on this loaf next day and it was fresh in taste. In the original recipe, the author has made three different versions of vegetable flatbread. Broccoli, Carrot and Beet Root Flatbread. In addition to broccoli flatbread, I also tried their recipe for carrot flat bread.
The recipe is the same but I found it too sweet for my palate. I have been making this simple recipe for broccoli flatbread and it’s a fool proof recipe. This broccoli flatbread has come out great every time.
Eat it with butter spread on top or make a sandwich it’s great.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give this recipe a try, do let me know. Leave a comment, Pin it, or take a picture and tag it #cookingyoulove on Instagram. I would love to know how it turned out for you.
- 1 big broccoli head should yield 4 cups of finely grated broccoli
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup chickpea flour (Besan)
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of herb seasoning
- In a food processor add the broccoli head and get 4 cups finely grated broccoli ready
- In a big bowl add the grated broccoli, add almond flour and chickpea flour
- Mix all the dry ingredients with clean hands so that no lumps are present in the mixture
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, add the eggs to the big bowl
- Fold the eggs in the mixture and mix it well with dry ingredients
- Aim to make this mixture into a big ball using your hands
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and now add the dough in the middle of the pan
- Work the mixture into a thin layer with your hands. This step ensures that mixture is thin and has spread evenly in the baking tray.
- Bake it in the middle rack of the oven for 23 minutes or until slightly golden brown and firm.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and let it cool completely
- Turn the tray upside-down and carefully remove the baking paper.
- Broccoli Flatbread is now ready. Cut into bread-sized slices.
Recipe Source: Green Kitchen Stories