Instant Pot Almond Chicken Curry is an easy to make, delicious Indian chicken curry. This chicken curry is rich, creamy and a filling chicken dish. This dish gets rich texture and flavor from almond paste. This is a must try recipe for all almond lovers.
Do you like almonds? If yes, then yeah for almonds. I love eating almonds. I usually eat them as a snack, slice and toss them into my soups and salads. Now my almond eating obsession has reached a new level with this easy to make Instant Pot Almond Chicken curry. Give this recipe a try, I assure you that you will fall in love with almond flavored chicken.
We were on vacation for past two weeks in Kauai. Sigh! what a beautiful green island with pristine beaches. I am still mesmerized by the breathtaking beauty of the Napali coast. Overall we had a fun, relaxing vacation with lots of outdoor activities. I enjoyed boogie boarding, snuba, hikes, kayaking in Wailua river. We came back this last weekend and are now slowly getting used to the daily routine. We had a great vacation, the only thing I missed there, was eating a good chicken curry. Yes, I love my curries.
I have been thinking of posting a new recipe on the blog, as it’s been long time I shared a recipe. I reviewed my last few posts, being a relatively new blog I have few posts. One thing which stood out was my obsession with color green. I have shared so far five recipes and in these two recipes – Instant Pot Palak Chicken and No Fry Spinach Lentil fritters are made with spinach, so recipe images are green. I would definitely love to have colorful food recipes on the blog, so I decided on cooking a different chicken curry.
I like to cook meals which involve simple prep work and can be cooked quickly. Instant Pot Almond Chicken curry recipe is a quick version of my stove top almond chicken curry.
What’s special about this recipe is that it involves easy prep and no marination is required. This chicken curry is loaded with flavors and has rich gravy from almond paste. I have added sliced almonds to the gravy as they enhance the taste. You can add more sliced almonds than what I have used or less based on your taste preference.
Almond Chicken curry is an easy recipe to make. Enjoy this curry with paratha filled with salt and carom seeds, garlic naan or rice. Yummy!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you give this recipe a try, do let me know. Leave a comment, Pin it, or take a picture and tag it #cookingyoulove on Instagram. I would love to know how it turned out for you.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp oil
- For Onion Puree
- 2 small onions
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ inch ginger, finely chopped
- Whole Spices
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 green cardamoms
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Spice Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp Tandoori Chicken masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 25 almonds ground to paste
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- For Garnishing
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi
- 1 tsp cream optional
- Press the "saute" button on Instant Pot. Then add oil and wait till it is warm.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon stick to the pot and stir fry
- After 2 minutes, add cubed chicken pieces and stir fry till chicken pieces are well cooked.
- Press the "keep warm/cancel" button and take out the chicken pieces. Leave the whole spices in the pot.
- Switch the "saute" button and add onion puree. Fry the onion puree in the leftover chicken juice and spices.
- Saute until golden brown, then add tomato puree. Cook for few minutes till puree reduces to half and has mixed evenly with onion puree
- Add almond puree. Cook for few minutes till almond puree blends well with tomato and onion puree.
- Add spice powders like tandoori chicken masala, garam masala, red chili and salt.
- Mix well, add cooked chicken pieces and sliced almonds. Mix well.
- Press the "keep warm/cancel" button. Add water and milk then close the lid.
- Select "Manual" mode for 10 minutes
- Once Instant Pot releases pressure, mix well and take out the almond chicken curry.
- Garnish with kasoori methi and cream and serve hot.
1. Heat oil in kadai, when hot add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon stick. Fry it.
2. Add onion puree and fry, when the puree turns brown add tomato puree.
3. Keep frying till tomato puree blends well with onion puree.
4. Add almond paste, mix well and fry till almond paste blends well with onion, tomato puree.
5. Add spice powders like tandoori chicken masala, garam masala, red chili powder and salt.
6. Add chicken pieces and sliced almonds and mix well.
7. Cover and cook till chicken pieces are cooked and coated well with gravy.
1. To make Almond Paste: Soak almonds overnight in water. Peel them and blend them in blender with little water to make fine paste.
2. Quick Almond Paste: Soak almonds in hot water for ten minutes, peel and blend them in blender to make paste.
3.Onions and tomato puree should not have chunks, as you only want to enjoy almonds in this curry.
Other Instant Pot Recipes :
Instant Pot Palak Chicken
Instant Pot Dal Makhani