HI THERE! GLAD TO MEET YOU!
I am Himani. I love to cook, bake, eat and everything related to food.
I live in Santa Barbara, California with my husband, Rahul and our lovely daughter, Saachi. I was born and raised in India. During the day, I work as an Analyst in the corporate world. In the evenings and over the weekends, is when I blog. I am a self-taught cook and have learnt and perfected recipes with trials and errors.
My recipes are inspired by my Indian origin. I cook healthy, flavorful meals using everyday ingredients. My recipes are mostly from scratch and I avoid using processed foods.
Recipes I share on the blog will involve different cooking methods stove top, pressure-cooking, baking etc. If a recipe can be prepared on the stove top, I test pressure cooking it, to save time or slow cooking it, to enhance flavor. My recipes are seasonally influenced and use local, fresh produce.
My blog reflects my food philosophy – fast prep, creative recipes using every day ingredients.
What you will find on the Blog
- Healthy Recipes– My recipes are seasonally influenced and I cook with local, fresh produce.
- Fast Prep and Easy Recipes– My recipes are simple, fast to cook and use easily available ingredients.
- Quick One Pot Meals– Simple one pot recipes for busy weeknight dinner.
- Creative and Smart Cooking Ideas– Creative ideas to use different gadgets for cooking fast, delicious meals.
- Recipes from around the world– I love to travel and explore different cuisines. My travels influence my cooking style.
What you will not find on the Blog
- Health Fads– I believe in healthy eating. I do not create recipes with super foods following Social Media trends.
- Everything Organic– I buy organic produce, poultry etc., as and when available.
- Beef and Pork Recipes– We do not eat beef and pork. Simple, I do not cook them.
If you have questions, feedback or just want to say Hello contact me here.